Saturday, February 21, 2009


We got a dog.
Well, Katie got a dog and Amy and I just play with her.
We named her Feliz, which means 'happy'. I would never name a dog Happy in English unless I had a very young child who insisted on it and cried a lot at my resistance to the name. But, Feliz has a nice ring to it, I think.
She's a great dog. I am normally not a fan of the lab variety of dog, and so I'm trying not to hold the fact that she's 1/3 lab against her. She is also 1/3 Dalmatian and 1/3 Great Dane. But she pretty much looks all lab except for her underbelly which is white and black spotted and the little tuft of white fur on her chest. She is incredibly obedient and has the softest head of any dog I've ever petted. Plus, the fur along her back is starting to get coarse and wavy, which bears a striking resemblance to my hair, so that made me love her even more. Isn't she adorable??

No comments: