Friday, March 9, 2007

Who Prayed?


I am glad to announce that, due to some fervently righteous prayers, my passport came on time. Yippee!! See, a while ago, God had given me the dates March 12-April 23 to attend language school. I was quite forlorn because of the passport delay, wondering if I had, indeed, heard the voice of my Shepherd or not. When my passport came early Thursday morning, I felt the tender nudge of that same Shepherd to go ahead and call the language school and see if I could by any chance register for school for Monday morning. Normally they ask for 2-3 weeks advance notice so that they can find a family for the students to live with and get the right teacher. But, see, we have an amazing God. I called the school and Gerardo at the other end said in beautiful English, "Of course you can come Monday, we have space AND a family! Not only that, but we will come pick you up at the airport when you arrive at 4:35 a.m." How humbling. The next best part is this: when I went online to see how much the plane tickets had gone up in price, I thought my eyes betrayed me when I saw that the price had gone DOWN almost $100 !! I quickly booked my tickets and ran to Wal-Mart to buy everything I needed to go cross-cultural for 6 weeks. I will update next time from Antigua, Guatemala.

P.S. I am at 48% of my monthly budget and 35% of my one-time budget. Keep those prayers coming!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! yes! smokin'!


-- neil the peel

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, I miss you great blog and stories that I will have to read all of again...love you,Laurie GOD BLESS YOU My FRIEND I'm not really anonymous