Tuesday, April 3, 2007

She is Healed!


Thanks to a group of faithful brothers and sisters in the Lord who, in obedience and love, laid hands on me and prayed, I experienced a miraculous healing of 'The Pleurisy That Wouldn't Go Away'. Many prayers leading up to this paved the way for breakthrough and so this is to say 'muchisimas gracias' to all prayer warriors and caring friends.

But now what do I do?

God, through various circumstances (namely, I was eagerly attempting to get to language school sometime before Easter, but the plane tickets kept doubling and tripling in price every time I was about to make a purchase), has hemmed me in for a little while. I am in the prayer process regarding when I should get down to Guatemala and I'm thinking it will be in mid-May. With all this beautiful time on my hands, I have been making some art, trying really hard to finish the last book I am required to read before I leave for the field (Walking With the Poor by Bryant Myers), and spending time with my 11-month old nephew who is precious beyond words. Due to some hard circumstances, my brother has relocated here to the Central Coast with his baby and it has been a sanctified time of restoring family relationship (thanks be to Jesus). If it is for this reason alone I was kept here, it is the most valuable thing to me and I don't want to leave too soon. Of course I know that the Lord promises 100% reward for those who leave behind family, but I'll take as much time as I can get!!

As far as support, I am currently at 90% of my monthly budget and need about $12,000 more for my one-time budget. Keep praying with me!

2 comments:

Dave and Beth Saavedra said...

What a cutie-patootie your nephew is! Enjoy him to the hilt in that gift of time you have there!

Bobbi Schmidt said...

Hi, Miss Amy! I thought I'd return the favor and leave you a comment (you're right they are fun to get!) I'm so excited God has healed you!! He is SO GOOD!! And awesome you are reconciled with your brother and getting to spend time with your nephew!! Amazing how God gives us a lift of spirits right when we need it! It sounds like you are close to being funded as well!! Yeah!! I'll be praying for you and look forward to hearing about you leaving soon for language school!! Love ya sister!!