Thursday, April 26, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The restraining Hand of the Almighty God finally lifted off of me this Monday and all I can do is praise Him. After 6 very trying weeks of God refining me while I squirmed in impatience, He finally released me to purchase tickets for language school!!! Hallelujah! I am scheduled to leave on June 2nd, learn as much Spanish as possible for six weeks, fly home on the 14th of July, spend two weeks with family and then head down to the DR with our church team on July 29th. And then I hope to stay.
Many thoughts and emotions, like falling autmn leaves, swirled around me during these last weeks as I pondered my call in God. Had He called me to the Dominican Republic? Was He going to provide it all? Was He going to change His mind and call me to stay here? Excitement, fear, confusion, emptiness, all paraded one by one before me. Each one I was tempted to believe, to cling to, until, one by one they all fell away back into the silence where God's Spirit just smiled. How many times has He heard these things? How many children has He counseled through these dark times? How many hands has He had to hold as one by one His servants tried to find their own ways? "I will perfect that which concerns you". "I will remain faithful even when you are faithless because I can't deny Myself". "I love you".
These precious words from my Father sustained me like the manna that fell from Heaven. And then, in the twinkling of an eye, He said, "Okay... NOW!"
Colors, sounds, joy rushed around me as I danced in abandoned worship. He meant it!! I'm going!! He's faithful!

I bought my tickets today.

The next task is to see the rest of my support come in ( I need $205 more a month pledged and about $10,000 more for my one-time budget). I know God will provide miracles for me because those He predestines, He also calls and those He calls He also justifies and those He justifies He also glorifies (Rom. 8:30).

Thank you for your prayers and perserverance in the Spirit for me. We are all in this together. Please pray for me as I begin saying goodbye to precious friends and family and as I prepare to absorb another language.

Until next time, peace be with you in Christ Jesus.

3 comments:

Meiche said...

I am so so so so so so happy for you Ames. I know that awesome plans are set out before you. When I see you, I always think that you were created to love and provide a soft place for people who would never have had one otherwise. You are a BEAUTIFUL, GODLY woman and I am proud of what you are doing.
many His continued word go with you...
Funny... "I will perfect that which concerns you" is STILL a word that is sustaining me at this time. His word is so encouraging and true.
I love you Amy.
Love Mei.

Dave and Beth Saavedra said...

Yay! Estoy tan emocionada para ti y seguiremos orando por ti mientras estas preparando todo y despediendote de todos tus quieridos.
Con mucho amor desde Ecuador!

Michelle Wick said...

WOW... Amy I am blessed by your obedience and waiting. I have also been in such a time of waiting and it has been incredibly difficult, great, and life-changing all at the same time! I know it is his love that disciplines us but man it can be hard!

Love you girl!