Wednesday, May 16, 2007

La Casa de Amy

Hola Amigos!
I may have recently shared with you that I have a roommate and house waiting for me in the DR. Well, tonight I went onto her blog in hopes of seeing if she'd posted photos, yet, and sure enough... so, I took them off of her site and put them on mine for all of you to see. The first pic is the front of our house, the dog came with the house and her name is Rosy, next to her is a photo of my room, then you will see the living room, dining room, bathroom, front yard and backyard. We get all of this for about $300 a month including utilities. Of course, there are always some unexpected expenses that come up (like the inverter was recently stolen and had to be replaced). Anyway, I am really excited that I have such a beautiful home to go to and apparently we live very near several other of the Dominican staff. Plus, another missionary family lives across the street. Amy (my new roommate) said it is a very quiet street.
Enjoy looking and getting excited with me. The car in the carport is hers. I will also have to buy one, so be praying for that last amount of support to come in!







































5 comments:

Dave and Beth Saavedra said...

Oh, it looks so lovely! And I'm glad you have a yard. It's so nice to have some grass of one's own. Love you!

Bobbi Schmidt said...

Hi, Ames!! The house looks awesome! I hope to find my own accomodation soon and hope I can find something as nice here in Cape Town!! Not sure when Rita will get here, so I'm on my own! Anyway, I'm so excited for you to get to the DR!! I'm praying language school goes well and that all your funding is in place for the car!! Love ya lots!

Michelle Wick said...

Hey girl... thats great I am so excited about your house! God is so good! Proud of you girlie!! Give me a time i will call you this week!! love ya

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful house Amy... I'm really REALLY excited about this step you're taking in your journey and my heart is with you as you step out. I love you very much and I have faith that you will make a difference.
I believe that you will offer a love to many who may not know love otherwise.
You're beautiful and special.
Love, Mei.

Anonymous said...

nice car! hey Am's I miss you and am glad to see that you are in such a beautiful place. My prayers go out to you for health and mental clarity. I remember just how it felt to be surrounded by a strange language and feel helpless to understand it. i will pray also that God will give you a supernatural gift of understanding.
for now, be blessed dear sister. I love you.
Julie