Thursday, November 20, 2008

Finally!

This morning I groggily woke up upon hearing my roommate call my name. Turns out she actually didn't call me, it was just another of God's ploys to get me out of bed. I had to take Nyquil last night and needed a sober wake-up call. Anyway, I crawled out of bed and started vigorously rubbing my arms. I quickly ran over to my fan to turn it off. I thought about my sweatshirt in the closet. These are all signs that IT'S FINALLY GETTING COLD!!! By this time last year, I had been donning the sweaters and scarves (all lightweight, mind you) for a month already. This whole global warming issue has gotten completely out of hand. I hear it's happening in America, too (or at least in California where it's been in the 80's and 90's where it's usually in the 50's by now). This is a little disappointing, I must say. It is especially disappointing because I get to go home in 2 days. All fall I have been daydreaming about getting to don my favorite wool coat, drink piping hot holiday-flavored espresso drinks and sitting by the homefires singing along to Christmas carols played by my stepdad on his old baby grand. I guess I will still get to do some of these things, except I might have to make those drinks iced and the wool coat might just be slung over the back of my chair. Boo. Christmas carols still on, though.
But, IT'S FINALLY GETTING COLD HERE!! Yes, friends, today is my first official' it's-quite-possible-I- may-be-able-to-wear-this-hoody-all-day' day! Woo-hoo! It's also pouring down rain, which might also mean I won't want to wear my hoody all day since it'll probably get soaked. Sigh.
HAPPY IT'S FINALLY GETTING COLD HERE DAY!!!!

No comments: