Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mid-afternoon break from school

Today the sun poked out and brought some Spring-ish warmth with it. So, instead of going to the gym, I decided to take a stroll downtown, deposit a check and get some food. Yesterday my friend Phillip mentioned that he was going to get a Kosher dog for lunch later on and ever since I had been craving one. Just out front of my bank sat a hot dog vendor. Hassim. He really wanted me to try his chicken kabobs or gyros or humus, but I had a hankering for a dog. So, as he prepared it and topped it with sauerkraut, I asked him where he was from. Israel. Go figure. I got a can of Squirt, pulled up a curb in the sun and devoured the best tasting Polish sausage I've ever had. I love living in a city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Downtown dogs & Gebhardt have faded into the past and you have traveled 1200 miles since and gotten married. Please, in your infinate wisdom and in the Name of all that is good and holy, blog some. I love your words. They are an elixir and a balm.